Thursday, September 10, 2009
Family Update
Just an update on all that is going on here at the Lerwill Farm. Dalan is having an absolute blast out at college. He really likes his roommate and a couple of the other guys in his apartment. I think there has been a lot of looking at chicks, but not the farm animal type. He left those here for us to look after. Stacy was able to start cutting grain yesterday again. We broke down though and could only run 1 machine so hopefully the parts will come in today to get it back and running. We had 2 really cold nights that it froze so we think the grain will be dry and ready as soon as we can get to it. I hope all runs smoothly and we can get a lot done. Bailey is really liking high school and doing well. She has really struggled that last few days, she misses Dalan so much. Lots of tears. It is Homecoming this week and so the next couple of days will be fun. She is staying after school to decorate the float and tonight is the Powderpuff game and bonfire. Tomorrow is the parade and football game. She can't be old enough to be doing all this stuff, can she? I have a funny story to tell that happened to her and I last night. We let our chickens out to roam around a half hour or so before dark and we were sitting in the Avalanche watching them and I had one on my side of the vehicle and she had one on her side that keep eyeing us and looking up and she rolled her window up and I gave her a bad time that she was a chicken and that nothing would happen. Well not long after all of a sudden I had a red chicken flying up into my face on my side of the pickup. Bailey and I screamed so loud they probably heard us in the next county. So here was this chicken sitting on the top of my door and window and I thought what do I do? Do I pet it? I was so startled I just pushed her off onto the ground. I am sure she was just as surprised as Bailey and I. We laughed so hard! She couldn't wait to tell Dalan and Dad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment