Tuesday, August 24, 2010

More of my random thoughts.......

I woke up this morning in a pretty good mood and was here in the house cleaning and you know the usual and also thinking about the last day before school starts. I have never been a mother that was excited to send my kids back to school. In fact it makes me really sad and I don't like it. Bailey read me a comment on Josh's facebook that made me really think and really SAD. Yesterday was his fist day back to school, he is the same age as Bailey (Sophomore) and he said that on his 20 minute bus ride to school he heard the f word 46 times. How sad. We were talking about this at lunch and our other nephew Justin was here with us and he made the comment that he heard at their youth conference that it is past the time that we just stand up for the right but that we must push back! It really scares me to think about all our youth and how strong they need to be in this world today. I know there are still lots of good but it just seems like the bad is more present anymore. I know we can't escape from it completely and that it is every where but I wonder when it will be time that we have to remove ourselves from things more. How we do this I am not sure but I think we will have to have a change from our regular way of thinking. Like what is more important in this life, change priorities, and not care what the other people of the world think of us. I don't think it will be easy but is anything easy in this life? Our families are so important and that is where we need to be is with our families and teach, teach, teach. And then teach some more. What a responsibility we have. I can't imagine how hard it is for our Heavenly Father to watch all of this that is happening today. I think of watching my kids and all of our nieces and nephews and how it is a worry and how you don't want them to lose their sweet innocence that they have as little children and how much we love them. We just have to try really hard and stay close with our Heavenly Father and be active in the gospel and things will be alright. We also need each other to help us in this journey. I am thankful for my wonderful kids and hope they know how much we love them and that we are here for them and would do anything for them. I am so proud of both of them and hope we have a great school year with Bailey. She is a strong spirit and will do good, I just wish it was easier for these good kids...........

No comments: