Monday, August 1, 2011

A Fun Week End

We had a great week end. We finished with pipe on Tuesday so on Thursday we packed up the camper, horses,  and us and went up to the loop road. We went for a short horse ride that night. It was so beautiful. It has been a long time since I have rode and it was a lot of fun. Stacy was patient with us two girls who have very soft bottoms. That night we ate yummy tin foil dinners and had a great rest. The next morning we got up late. Yeah! We got the horses ready and loaded them and drove to the reservoir. We were going to ride up to Campbell's Hump. Bailey and I got all saddled up and Stacy was holding the colt with the pack and getting on Rio when Rio made up his mind that he did not want Stacy riding him. Stacy really never got into the saddle and went hard to the ground landing on his back. It knocked the air out of him and gave him a good raspberry on his elbow and tenderized his whole back from his shoulders to his butt checks. It was not fun and scared Bailey and I. We rode up the trail and ways while Stacy lead Rio. He tried to get on again and Rio was not having it. Luckily Stacy stepped off this time. He tried again and then we decided not to push our luck and we loaded the horses and brought them home. We showered and then went back up and spent the evening around the fire and ate yummy pork chops. We stayed the night and then Sat. morning we got up late again. Yeah! We packed up and came home. Sat. evening we went to Rexburg and saw the movie 17 Miracles. It is about the Martin Handcart Company. It was SO GOOD! I am so thankful for those wonderful faithful saints. I don't know if I could have done all that they did. They are amazing people who we can look up to and learn from. With Bailey's hand and Stacy's horse escapade we feel really blessed, again.









No comments: