Dalan wrote this letter home on January 4, 2011. A tear jerker for us as his parents. Here is a portion of it.
But I sure have had a lot on my mind lately and I just want to try to express some of my feelings to you two (and Bailey cause I am sure she is listening;) You really take for granted what you got until you realize how good you had it! I am so appreciative for you and all that you have done in raising me the way you have. For me being your first and having never done it before you are amazing! I am sorry for all that I put you through and stress I have caused. Even through it all, you have all been there for me bad/good no questions asked, I know that I can turn to you and you'll be there. That is some thing that I have always known and really means a lot to me! Thank you so much for living your lives in such a way that you can recognize the promptings of the spirit and for having the courage to follow them, even though it was hard on us both and it usually ticked me off, I am positive that you saved me from a lot of trouble, spiritually, and physically. I can remember many nights laying in bed so excited to move out and not have to listen to you and be on my own. But now the more I am on my own, the more I am realizing how inspiring you are. You have set an amazing example for me. I admire you all so much! When I tell people that I have only seen my parents verbally fight once, and that one time was faked to make a point, they don't believe me. When I tell them that I can only remember a handful of times that we haven't had family dinner together, they can't believe me. You are so inspiring to me. I want to model my relationship with my wife and my home for what ours is! All the stupid, pointless, bull crap rules you enforced in the home, will someday be enforced in mine! You two are my hero's and I really look up to all of you and the shining examples you are! Our family is truly unique, I have been so blessed! Thank you so much for making it all possible and always supporting me in what ever I have decided to do through out all the years. Because of your support I have learned and grown from my experiences, not always the easiest way to learn, but it is what had to happen in order for me to get where I am today! I love and miss you all a ton! I wish I had more time to sit and write but I need to get to bed! You all have a good one and take care of your selves, be safe, stay healthy! I am so thankful for the Gospel and a eternal family. You're awesome! Keep on keepin on!:) Talk to you all soon!
Love you tonz,
Elder Dalan Lerwill
I am not sure what we did right, and I know we stumbled our way through this journey of parenthood, but wanted to have this letter in print so I am putting it in our family history book, this blog. I know that we were blessed with two special spirits right from our loving Heavenly Father. I am so thankful that he answered my prayers and let me stay on this earth and raise them, with the most wonderful husband. I feel so blessed and I love my family so much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment