Saturday, May 14, 2011

Dalan's Testimony of the Atonement

I had to share part of the letter we received today. Dalan is doing so well and we sure love him.








I love my mission so much! It has been the best thing I have ever done and I love every minute of it. In the phone call Dad, you mentioned something about you and Wes talking about your missions. I thought about that a lot through mine and in hard times it has given me so much strength. I remember being with Elder Mace and thinking, Dad did it. Wes did it, Ryan, Brett, Cary and tons of other people did it, I can do it!! Your examples have helped me so much and given me so much motivation. But mostly, my strength has come through the example of Jesus Christ. I had the opportunity to read through the New Testament in 6 weeks and that was so sweet. And since I have been out I have completed "Jesus the Christ" by Talmage. I have never, and am still SO FAR from fully understanding the Atonement and what all happened. But I do know that EVERY thing that He did, was for a divine purpose. Christ fulfilled and satisfied his Father's will perfectly! At the point in the Saviors life when he was suffering for our sins in the garden, his pain, made the Son of God himself, question the importance and necessity of what He was going through. He continued to pray and received the confirming answer that it was essential. He was humble, meek, and submissive. Completely surrendering His will, He made and completed the sacrifice that had been testified of since the beginning of time. Because of this single and incomprehensible sacrifice, we (as God's children) can find peace. Feel the healing hands of forgiveness. Be reunited with our bodies and return to the presence of The Father with our families. The blessings that come from the Atonement are uncountable, and it is such a blessing that He cares for us individually. Once we set Christ as our foundation and apply by living the gospel, accepting ordinances, and having a broken heart and contrite spirit. We have access and a right to these blessings. We are far from perfect, but through Jesus Christ the demands of justice can be satisfied by mercy. It is so profound and perfect, God is a God of law and there needed to be a way for this law to be fulfilled! :) As we do our best to follow the example of Jesus Christ by living the Gospel (simply, 1- having Faith, 2-Repenting, 3- being baptised by some one holding authority, 4-receive the Gift of the Holy Host, and 5- endure to the end.) We receive and get to be a partaker of his Grace, which comes after we participate in steps 1-5. We are so blessed to be a part of God's covenant people and receive all that comes with. That is one of the many reasons why a mission is so rewarding. I am able to help people access these blessings and see their lives change. Humbling process.Thank you all for making this possible. I love you with all my heart and miss you every day, but I am where I need to be right now! :) You're always in my prayers and am always excited to hear the latest!

No comments: