We just went to Bailey's final 8th grade chorus concert. They did an awesome job. She stopped and got papers and tablets out of her locker preparing for the last day of school on Friday. She looked through them and found a poem she had to write for her English class and I wanted to share it.
I AM FROM...
By Bailey Lerwill
I am from where the elk graze
and the coyotes cry while
sitting around the campfire,
marshmallows roasting.
I am from the wilderness full of
pine trees, rustling quakies and
hunting stories.
I am from the most loving family,
the baby of four where it is o.k.
to be different and dream.
I am from where we can drink
out of the garden hose, pick huckleberries
and enjoy evening horse rides.
I am from a family who likes music
but the only instrument we
play is the radio.
I am from a place where
I learn how to handle daily problems
and I enjoy life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Wow! I love that poem. Beautiful! It says so much about who you are, Bailey.
Bailey you are quite a poet. Thanks Brenda for sharing that. I used to write a lot of poetry, but haven't done much lately. This is really good. I can just picture everything you are talking about. Very descriptive. Good job.
Post a Comment