Saturday, April 16, 2011

Oh Baby.....


It might not look real from the pictures, but come hang out with it and it acts pretty real. It is really crazy. So Bailey is taking Parent and Child Development and part of her grade has been wearing the pregnancy belly for 24 hours. That was too wild, that I couldn't even make myself take a picture of her wearing it. It was uncomfortable for us as parents, but it was a learning experience for her. She had a hard time driving because her belly was so big and her legs are so short. We can all laugh at it now. Well on Wednesday after school she got her baby that she is in charge of  for 5 days. It is a darker skinned baby girl, that Bailey named Lexi. It even smells like a real baby. It cries like a real baby. This is how it works, Bailey wears a bracelet that is programed to go with the baby. When the baby cries, Bailey swipes her bracelet and it will chime and then she proceeds to make it happy by either feeding it (which sounds real also), changing it's diaper, burping it, or just rocking it. When the baby first cries she has 2 minutes to start helping her. It feels real also. It's neck must always be supported just like a new baby. It is amazing that it records all that happens to her and how she is taken care of. Then the teacher can print it all out to see how well you did and get your grade. The first night Lexi slept all night til 5 and then went back to sleep. Well last night was a different story. Bailey finally got to sleep around midnight because of the baby and then she was up 2 more times. It was a long night. I wondered if I would like this assignment. It has been really educational I think. It has not been easy and Bailey made a comment to us yesterday that hit home. She said wow you really have to not think about yourself. I told her that if that is what she learned from this she was doing good. What a true comment. Oh how having children changes your life. She is getting a feel of how hard it can be, but I want to tell her how wonderful it is. When it is done at the proper time of life, with the right person, you don't think about the hardships as much. It is a wonderful blessing to have children and the sacrifice is worth it all. A time and place for all things. Bailey has been doing a super great job at taking care of this baby and I know she will someday make the most awesome Mommy to her children. Wow and then I will be a Grandma. Double Wow!

No comments: