Friday, February 26, 2010
Bailey's Update
Bailey has had a rough week, but I feel like we are maybe getting on top of it and doing better. She didn't feel good again on Monday and missed school. She has been having a lot of stomach issues. I so worry about it, but decided the other day that I was going to put all my faith into the Lord and that she would be o.k. Dalan and Stacy gave her a blessing and she has been doing so much better. I feel so blessed. We also took her to the TMJ clinic in Pocky because she has been complaining about her jaw for some time. We did not have school on President's day and their office was open so we took her and found out that she defiently has jaw problems. After they examined her it hurt so bad that next week, because she can't open her mouth wide and do normal things. We took her back this week and they ran more tests and she got fitted for her splint and will start wearing it next week. It won't be fun and it isn't easy but I think she is willing to do it because she know it will help watching her Dad go through it and she doesn't want to hurt anymore either. I think everyone should have a look at how their jaw and mouth and teeth are. There are so many people that suffer and don't get the right help. Most dentists are not trained in this area. Here is a funny story. We have been talking about all the different symptoms that you have with TMJ and Dalan said well I have this one, my jaw pops in the morning and he made some other comments that made me wonder if he had a problem. Well when we were there on Wed. we asked Dr. Romriell and he asked Dalan some questions and said let takes some x-rays. So we did and he said that he has a really small joint and asked more questions, if his teeth lined up? Dalan said that one side fit together good but he had to work to make the other side shut completely. He put Dalan in the chair and with the computer took pictures of his bite. Basically what he needed was to have his teeth floated.(Us country people understand that) Dalan wasn't completely happy about it but the Dr. thought he could make his bite better and he should not have any problems. Dalan said "I'm not hurting, I'm o.k." But he didn't have a choice and we got him layed back in the chair. Dr. Romriell worked on him for maybe 10 minutes and asked him how it felt, and he could not believe the difference. When he explained what had been happening Dalan could tell that he was right. He was totally amazed all that night how much easier it was to shut his mouth. His jaw doesn't pop in the mornings anymore either. We are true believer's that they know what they are doing there. We are excited for Bailey not to have jaw pain, headaches, ear aches, and even being dizzy.(Really it has nothing to do with her being blonde!) We will keep you updated on her progress.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Good luck Bailey! We Love You!
Post a Comment