.... Well let me tell you a little about my area. It is great. There are so many amazing sweet, prepared people we are teaching right now. We have been crazy busy. We had 9 investigators at sacrament meeting yesterday so it is great. Brad is getting bap. this coming week end. He is 16 (part member family) and is really great. Then we have Mark, Vanora and Lorean getting bap the next week end. I will have told you about them in my email. We have lots of others coming up soon as well! It's great.This area is crazy though. It is really ghetto. We live in some shack like apts. and it's really crazy. AJ in one of the largest Meth capitals in the Nation and a lot of our investigators and less actives are strung out on it. so sad to see. It is such a harmful and destructive drug. It's really crazy to see. Aj and mostly all of our area is solid trailers and the stereotype people that go with them. This place makes down town Tetonia look like Teton Springs! Not very many people have teeth (one of the sides of Meth) And when they are asked to dress up for church that means put on a clean wife beater. ha ha, I am being funny but am not joking in the slightest! :) It's great and I love it here a lot of humble situations and they are ready for God's help. It's awesome and we are having a blast!
Elder Derenthal and I get along awesome and are really good friends. It is great to have awesome support in a companion and some one to help you through trials. One of those trials is Elder Hay. He is great! Really is, but he is struggling with the whole concept of being a missionary. His last area got white washed and so now he is here with us. He will do great and be fine. We have a ton of fun all together and get along fine. Just gotta love him to death!:) Who knows how long he will be with us, but no matter what it is, it's what is needed. It has been a great and humbling experience so far. I learn from him every day and we have nothing in common, but we have fun all together, it's great.
Last night had another mission president's fireside and I sang again. It is a lot of fun and I really enjoy it. It scares me some times on how fast time is going by. It doesn't feel real that I am at the point in my mission that I am. Right now I am the oldest (missionary age) missionary in our zone! Crazy, unreal.
This next 2 weeks is going to be insane. Starting tomorrow we are starting again the 4 day all day leadership training meetings again. All Zone Leaders will be going. Do our area will take a hit bur all will work out. Then the next week we are going on exchanges with both our District Leaders and also with the Assistant's. Then we also have a big zone meeting where President will do interviews. It will be stressful but hopefully will work out and go smoothly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment