Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Birthday

October 18, 2011
I had a great birthday. I was able to hear from both my brothers, my sister, and my awesome Dad & Mom. Verna also stopped by with a card and birthday wishes. Stacy and Bailey treated me well. They bought me a new camera bag that I have been wanting, a new purse, perfume, necklace and ear rings, and Nicholas Sparks new book. Awesome! Bailey had YW and went out to the corn maze so Stacy took me and we went with our friends Scot and Dani Green and went to O'Rourkes to eat. Bagged the diet (hey it's your birthday only once a year, right?) and ate yummy food. Even ate onion rings! I also got the most awesome letter in the mail from Dalan. Perfect timing, it was the only thing in the mail box! How cool is that!

Mom,
Hey I am writing you a letter to wish you happy birthday. It just dawned on me and caught me off guard that its coming up fast! Can not hardly believe how time slips away! We have been so busy and just get caught up with everything going on that you loose track.
I hope that you have an enjoyable day and get to do something fun!:) Sounds like you been pretty busy there as well! Glad to hear that you had a good time with the Warburton's @ Lagoon. Sure it was good to just get away. I wish sometimes I could do that for a weekend and just forget about everything going on and come back and go back to work. But... that's not going to happen for a while.
I can't tell you how much I enjoy reading your emails and all the exciting stuff that's going on there Your unconditional love and support has been a real strength to me over the years. I couldn't ask for a better mom. Being out here I see so many examples of what not to do and I have began to realize how blessed I was growing up. Your example is amazing!
I hope someday I can be the husband and father that Dad is. He is incredible. I have told some people that I never seen my parents argue growing up, besides the one time you were trying to make a point and they do not believe me. The world has gone so far from what it should be it's scary. I admire you and Dad and your relationship. It's something I want to copy in my own!
I miss you all a lot actually. I try not to let it show ha ha, but I love my mission. I am so thankful for you and your support. I hope and wish you a happy birthday and a great week. Love you mom! Keep safe and healthy! Take care,
Love your Son
Elder Dalan J. Lerwill
We are all enlisted, happy are we, happy are we!

No comments: