I guess that "Harvest" can mean our crops and also the harvest of an deer or elk as that season approaches. We have been seeing the elk and hearing them. They bedded down in front of our house the other night. When Stacy cut the grain on Monday he saw their beds. The other morning I woke up at 5 and heard the bull bugling, it was way cool.
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Fall is here
We put up our fall, Halloween, harvest, even some Thanksgiving decorations up. (Don't pumpkins get to count til Thanksgiving?) I made harvest blocks with wheat on the scrapbook paper. Sure wish we could cut our grain! We finished Monday on the home place, green or not we did it. We did have one truck of wet grain that did heat up and Stacy dumped it on the ground. He is trying to cool it off and then we will sell it for feed hopefully. Stacy thinks the rest will all be o.k., we will keep the fans running for sure. We got things moved up to the mountain but it is still so GREEN even to the eye. Patience is not an easy thing to work on when who knows what the weather will do tomorrow. Sure wish we wouldn't have to cut into October (AGAIN) but what are our options. Yes have patience is our option. Can't believe that a couple of years ago we didn't even cut grain in Sept. we had it all done in Aug. The last two years we have finished on the 14th and 19th of October. I think that was the first time since I have been married that I remember cutting in October. It is crazy weired how things work out. We always have tried to be done by Garry's birthday which is today. We sure have been thinking a lot about him today. Happy Birthday Garry, we miss you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment